Amped Studio release notes
Find out what is new, updated or fixed in Amped Studio. If you find any bugs or have feature requests you can contact us through support.
Amped Studio 1.0.9
- Velocity editing for MIDI notes in the content editor.
- New View menu to toggle editors and windows.
- Split tool for splitting regions and notes.
- Added shortcuts to switch between tools with keys 1 - 4
- New context menu for track panels to clone or delete a track.
- Improved overall studio performance and GUI responsivness.
- Mouse hover indications for library files, project list, zoom controls, time display, track name and play/loop buttons in Library.
- Virtual Keyboard now scrolls to active octave on startup.
- Better double click handling.
- Improved shift selection and deselection.
- Tool buttons have been moved further to the left to separate them from toggle buttons.
Bug fixes & Stability
- Fixed issue where piano roll did not update correctly when changing time signature.
- Fixed issue where moving notes with arrow keys did not take project tempo into account.
- Now sending note off correctly when disarming MIDI recording while playing an instrument.
- Fixed issue with the Pen Tool not taking scrolling into account.
Amped Studio 1.0.8
- Master Track - Allows you to add effects devices to your entire project.
- Limiter device loaded on Master Track by default.
- Pen Tool - Allows you to add and draw new regions in arrangement and new notes in Piano Roll.
- Drag and drop local audio and midi files from your computer directly to the arrangement or My Files folder (wav, mp3, ogg, flac and mid).
- Drag and drop local folders from your computer to the My Files foldes and subfolders.
- Create, rename, move (drag & drop) and delete folders within My Files.
- Rename, delete and move (drag & drop) files within My Files.
- Multiple items import support for importing files through the File menu.
- User files update separately from Amped Studio library.
- Sorting fixes to My Files and sorting by name as default.
- Show warnings if unsupported file formats are imported.
- Warning message if studio is opened in unsupported web browser.
- Include studio font in Amped Studio native download package.
Bug fixes & Stability
- GM Player now properly saves the selected preset.
- Virtual Keyboard bindings now reset properly when creating a new project.
- Fixed issue where device knobs would not load properly.
- Fixed issue where track “solo” was not set correctly when opening a project.
- Fixed issue where track deletion did not work after changing the track name.
- It is no longer possible to move pop-up windows by dragging their close button.
- Fixed issue where Metronome volume slider was not visible on retina screens.
- Fixed issue where Metronome volume tooltip did not disappear.
- ESC button now cancels track name editing.
- Fixed issue where track panel buttons were drawn on top of track borders upon vertical zooming.