Amped Studio release notes
Find out what is new, updated or fixed in Amped Studio. If you find any bugs or have feature requests you can contact us through support.
Updated: October 17, 2018
Amped Studio 2.0.1
Bug Fixes & Stability
- Fixed bug where WAMs did not load properly with the project.
- Fixed an issue where several WAMs on a track did not work project loading.
- Fixed a bug where a WAM device + studio device could cause loading problems.
- Fixed an issue with WAM bypassing.
- Fixed issues with WAMs after changing studio buffer size.
- Fixed a bug where the Save Song window did not close if a WAM device was empty
- Fixed a bug where the metronome was silent and metronome volume could not be adjusted.
- Fixed an issue where Track Level Meter did not display correctly on Retina screens.
- Fixed a bug where deleting the last track could cause playback issues.
- Fixed an issue where pasted notes where not added properly.
Amped Studio 2.0
- HumBeatz note detection. Turn humming or beatboxing into notes with a right-click on the region.
- Support for WAMs (web audio modules) - browser-based external audio plug-ins.
- Content Editor has a new Audio Editor section. Change the Gain of audio clips in regions.
- Automation - add Volume and Pan automation to Tracks with the new track automation button.
- Track Colors - Right-click Track Panel. Color changes are reflected in Track Panels, waveforms, notes and knobs the Device Chain.
- VOLT and VOLT Mini has been updated with new interfaces and a new and improved envelope generator.
- Added more Toggle Buttons in the Controls Bar to easier access studio sections.
- View menu now include Settings to change studio buffer size.
Under the hood
- Amped Studio has been ported to WebAssembly. A new browser-based technology for web applications.
Amped Studio 1.1.1
- New sequencer engine with major improvements to audio and MIDI timing.
- Playback, looping and export rendering is now sample accurate.
- Web studio now shows a warning if an unsupported sample rate is used.
- The new sequencer engine removes lag issues with MIDI playback.
- Optimizations and performance enhancements to audio region waveforms.
Bug fixes & Stability
- Removed mouse over effect from Master Track name label.
- Fixed a bug where the playhead indicator would jump to wrong position.
- Removed track context menu from Master Track.
- Fixed an issue where a region would still load if deleted before loading was complete.
- Adding Drumpler undo/redo now works properly.
- Fixed a region split bug where an extra region was added.
- Fixed an issue where arrangement did not update after special cases of undo.
- Fixed undo and redo for audio and MIDI recording.
Amped Studio 1.0.9
- Velocity editing for MIDI notes in the content editor.
- New View menu to toggle editors and windows.
- Split tool for splitting regions and notes.
- Added shortcuts to switch between tools with keys 1 - 4
- New context menu for track panels to clone or delete a track.
- Improved overall studio performance and GUI responsivness.
- Mouse hover indications for library files, project list, zoom controls, time display, track name and play/loop buttons in Library.
- Virtual Keyboard now scrolls to active octave on startup.
- Better double click handling.
- Improved shift selection and deselection.
- Tool buttons have been moved further to the left to separate them from toggle buttons.
Bug fixes & Stability
- Fixed issue where piano roll did not update correctly when changing time signature.
- Fixed issue where moving notes with arrow keys did not take project tempo into account.
- Now sending note off correctly when disarming MIDI recording while playing an instrument.
- Fixed issue with the Pen Tool not taking scrolling into account.
Amped Studio 1.0.8
- Master Track - Allows you to add effects devices to your entire project.
- Limiter device loaded on Master Track by default.
- Pen Tool - Allows you to add and draw new regions in arrangement and new notes in Piano Roll.
- Drag and drop local audio and midi files from your computer directly to the arrangement or My Files folder (wav, mp3, ogg, flac and mid).
- Drag and drop local folders from your computer to the My Files foldes and subfolders.
- Create, rename, move (drag & drop) and delete folders within My Files.
- Rename, delete and move (drag & drop) files within My Files.
- Multiple items import support for importing files through the File menu.
- User files update separately from Amped Studio library.
- Sorting fixes to My Files and sorting by name as default.
- Show warnings if unsupported file formats are imported.
- Warning message if studio is opened in unsupported web browser.
Bug fixes & Stability
- GM Player now properly saves the selected preset.
- Virtual Keyboard bindings now reset properly when creating a new project.
- Fixed issue where device knobs would not load properly.
- Fixed issue where track “solo” was not set correctly when opening a project.
- Fixed issue where track deletion did not work after changing the track name.
- It is no longer possible to move pop-up windows by dragging their close button.
- Fixed issue where Metronome volume slider was not visible on retina screens.
- Fixed issue where Metronome volume tooltip did not disappear.
- ESC button now cancels track name editing.
- Fixed issue where track panel buttons were drawn on top of track borders upon vertical zooming.