Amped Studio release notes
Find out what is new, updated or fixed in Amped Studio. If you find any bugs or have feature requests you can contact us through support.
AMPED STUDIO 2.9.4
November 13, 2023
● Fixed an issue with uploading of large audio files.
AMPED STUDIO 2.9.3
November 6, 2023
● Music key detection for imported and recorded audio, as well as for regions with MIDI
● Displaying music key labels on regions in arrangement.
● Displaying target keys in region transposition popup, for regions with known music key.
● Slight improvements to the note detection algorithm.
● The transposition popup and context menus are not allowed to go beyond the screen
AMPED STUDIO 2.9.2
October 20, 2023
● Removed confusing option to clone a track without its regions.
AMPED STUDIO 2.9.1
September 26, 2023
● On splitting audio clips, very short fade-in & fade-out now added automatically to avoid
clicking noise at the point of splitting.
● Audio clips inside the region now automatically split on splitting the region.
● Fixed a project opening issue occurring with particular projects.
● Allowed once-a-day demo access to AI Assistant features.
AMPED STUDIO 2.9.0
September 19, 2023
● Pitch shifting mode for audio clips is now available in Audio Editor sidebar.
● Transposition option is added to the regions context menu.
● Added keyboard shortcuts for editor zooming.
● Virtual Keyboard shortcuts are changed to avoid conflicts with editing tool selection.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.24
September 13, 2023
● Audio Editor gain controls are fixed and improved.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.23
September 7, 2023
● AI Assistant Audio Splitter is now available in the right-side button bar.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.22
September 5, 2023
● Fixed an issue with note and region selection.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.21
August 29, 2023
● Increased memory limit for audio files added to the arrangement.
● Fixed an issue with import of large audio files.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.20
August 18, 2023
● Added more items to arrangement context menu.
● Save button is added to the main controls bar (near the user account menu button).
● Regions with color different from their track’s color didn’t keep their color on splitting and
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.19
August 8, 2023
● When saving a region to My Files using its context menu, audio files inside the region
are now uploaded as well.
AMPED STUDIO 2.8.18
August 3, 2023
● Different genres in AI Assistant Song Generator now have different default tempo
● Fixed issues with track publication.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.8
August 2, 2021
- Manipulation of device knobs and sliders can now be undone.
- Sound Library folders can now be opened and closed with right and left arrow keys respectively.
- Horizontal zooming in the editors is now done relative to the playhead (when using zoom sliders).
- On playback stop, playhead is now returned back from where playback begun.
- On region selection, playhead is now automatically moved to the beginning of the region.
- Fixed a few issues with keyboard navigation in the Sound Library.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.7
July 19, 2021
- Region color can now be changed using context menu on the region.
- Preview button now appears right on Sound Library items.
- Sound Library items can now be selected using keyboard.
- Close button has been added to Sound Library.
- Overlay button for opening Sound Library now appears in the arrangement when the Library is hidden.
- Fixed a little issue with editor scrolling on playhead dragging.
- Fixed an issue with automation points when a region is moved/copied to another track.
- Master track is always visible from now on.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.6
June 30, 2021
- Selected regions are now highlighted in the Note Editor.
- To avoid unintended editing in the Note Editor, only selected regions can be edited from now on.
- Automatically scrolling the editors when regions/notes are being dragged to the editor edges.
- Sound Library preview now works for MIDI items as well.
- Switching visible device windows when another track is selected.
- Device parameter automations can now be added quickly using context menu on their controls.
- Automation points now show their values on hovering.
- Devices can now be selected by clicking anywhere in their panels.
- Fixed a few little issues with track panel volume sliders.
- Fixed an issue with the arrangement jumping when project tempo is changed.
- Fixed automation points updates when regions are moved/copied to another track.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.5
June 11, 2021
- Pre-recording count-in options dropdown menu has been added to the metronome button.
- Device presets can now be quickly switched using the arrow buttons on the device panel or its window title bar.
- Project tempo can now be changed using arrow buttons or the mouse wheel.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.4
June 2, 2021
- Project length limit has been increased to 15 minutes.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.3
June 1, 2021
- The arrangement can now scroll automatically at playback (use Autoscroll toggle button).
- One-bar count-in is now played back before recording.
- Track volume sliders have been added to each track panel.
- Transport and tool button panels positions has been switched.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5.1
May 25, 2021
- Fixed a regression with Virtual Keyboard shortcuts.
AMPED STUDIO 2.5
May 21, 2021
- Search filters has been added to Sound Library.
- Looping is now automatically activated for the first region added to the arrangement.
- Looping of selected regions can be switched on and off with keyboard shortcut CTRL (or CMD) + L.
- Selected regions can now be duplicated with keyboard shortcut CTRL (or CMD) + D.
- Region selection after splitting has been made easier.
- Automation points are now automatically moved or copied with regions.
- Pressed keys indication is now synchronized between Virtual Keyboard, Note Editor, and Drumpler window.
- Fixed an issue with items disappearing after closing and reopening the Library panel.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.19
November 18, 2020
- Clean Machine, Distortion Machine, and Metal Machine, along with Amp Sim Utility are integrated as WAMs.
- Fixed an issue with library loading after being offline.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.18
October 27, 2020
- Fixed an issue with bringing windows to front.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.17
October 9, 2020
- WAMs are now available directly in the device adding menu.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.16
September 30, 2020
- Fixed an issue with track reordering.
- Updated ministudio to support Europa.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.15
September 25, 2020
- Fixed an issue with adding WAMs while being not logged-in.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.14
September 15, 2020
- Europa by Reason Studios, spectral wavetable synthesizer integrated as WAM.
- Fixed an audio export/publishing issue that would occur after changing studio buffer size.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.11
August 3, 2020
- Improved search speed in the Sound Library, making it faster and easier to find sounds.
- Now stopping Sound Libbrary preview when dragging files, selecting folders or MIDI files.
- Sound Library preview play button is now a toggle. Turning it off will turn off previewing of files.
- Minor visual improvements to studio tutorial.
- Fixed some issues in the studio tutorial layout.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.9
July 7, 2020
- Added names to Add Track and Add Device buttons to increase usability.
- Helper text in arrangement on how to add or create regions.
- Refined the Undo and Redo buttons even more.
- Fixed a memory issue that could occur when loading some projects with Drumpler.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.7
June 23, 2020
- Amped VST/Remote Beta, an experimental VST2 host application for Windows and Mac. Allowing you to use VST2 plugins in Amped Studio.
- Undo and Redo buttons added to the Controls Bar, giving you quick access to these functions.
- Bounce to New Track, new context menu option for regions. This will create a new audio region with all Devices from the original track mixed into the audio file.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu on regions did not close properly.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.6
May 28, 2020
- Granny, new granular synthesizer instrument with interesting sounds and textures.
- Small CSS interface fix for latest version of Chromium
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.5
May 19, 2020
- Fixed an issue with importing some types of MP3 files.
- Fixed a project saving issue that could occur for Free accounts when using imported or recorded audio.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.3
April 28, 2020
- Fixed an issue with initializing biquad filters in some devices.
- Fixed an error message when loading projects with automation.
- Fixed an issue where a project would not load if it was saved with a WAM window open.
- Fixed an issue where the in-app tutorial was not displayed on first launch.
- Fixed a minor graphical issue with check box in Input Monitoring window.
- Updated audio engine to better support WAMs.
- Added a button for quick access to the Shop in the studio.
AMPED STUDIO 2.4.0
March 31, 2020
- Sampler, a new Premium device with multi-sampled instruments.
- Automation of device parameters! This Premium feature allows you to automate all device parameters.
- Minor visual enhancement for preset drop down button in devices.
- Nicer looking and easier to read message windows in studio.
AMPED STUDIO 2.3.9
March 11, 2020
- Added reverse functionality by right-click to Regions in arrangement and to Notes and Clips in Content Editor.
AMPED STUDIO 2.3.8
February 12, 2020
- Add Device list updated with a new look and better navigation.
- Fixed an issue with WAM interfaces not loading.
- Fixed an issue in export and publishing where some content persisted in the mixdown even after deletion.
AMPED STUDIO 2.3.4
January 9, 2020
- A recent bug in Chrome 79 (and other Chromium-based browsers) caused issues with studio performance and playback. To address this bug we had to make some changes in Amped Studio that temporarily disables WAMs and XYbeatZ.
AMPED STUDIO 2.3.2
November 27, 2019
- Rename regions. Right-click the region and select Rename Region from the context menu
- Automatic region names. Unnamed regions now automatically display the name of the Track they are placed on.
- VOLT filter has been improved. With the new Drive parameter you can add some warmth and analog feel.
- All parameters now support non-linear scaling. For example better control over EQ frequency, Reverb size, LFO etc.
- Cloned MIDI loops now retain the correct region name
- Fixed an issue where recorded or imported audio did not display region name after cloning.
- Fixed an issue where Open project button could be pressed twice.
- Fixed an issue where level meters got stuck after buffer size.
- Fixed an issue where Drumpler sometimes loaded the wrong kit.
- Fixed an error when opening the Note Editor with Velocity panel open.
AMPED STUDIO 2.3.0
November 20, 2019
- Song Starters, create randomized projects as a starting point or inspiration for new songs! Available when creating new project.
- The Note Editor now displays the whole track with all regions.
- It’s now possible to copy and paste notes between regions.
- Regions are automatically extended if notes are pasted or placed beyond region borders.
- Content Editor received some visual updates.
- Regions can now be expanded (resized) from the left corner.
- Improvements to region appearance.
- Improvements to memory usage with recorded or externally imported audio files. Studio will use less RAM!
- XYbeatZ has been improved to reduce latency and now works correctly at all buffer sizes.
- Fixed an issue where a free user was not able to drag in sounds from bought products.
- Fixed an issue where note snapping was wrong in the Note Editor.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases waveforms in the Audio Editor were rendered incorrectly.
- New Note Editor fixes an issue where the region end was rendered incorrectly.
AMPED STUDIO 2.2.3
November 8, 2019
- Input Monitoring. Listen to the mic or line input of your audio interface in the studio.
- Latency compensation. Studio now automatically compensate for latency when recording audio or MIDI.
- Latency calibration. To get even better latency compensation for your computer.
- Drumpler, VOLT and VOLT Mini now respond to MIDI note velocity changes for more dynamic expressions.
- Adjust velocity sensitivity per pad in Drumpler or per envelope in VOLT and VOLT Mini.
- VOLT and VOLT Mini envelopes now allow you to adjust the curve of Attack, Decay and Release.
- Track limit increased to infinity! Add as many Tracks as your computer can handle.
- Premium users can now update their saved presets. Make a change, enter the same name and overwrite.
- Fixed an issue with piano roll displaying incorrectly when opening/resizing the velocity panel.
AMPED STUDIO 2.2.2
September 26, 2019
- New user login/logout and signup menu added to the top right corner of the studio.
- Added link to the Sounds shop in studio menu.
AMPED STUDIO 2.2.0
August 22, 2019
- Chorus, new Premium delay modulation effect for lush sounds.
- Flanger, new Premium delay modulation effect for more drastic, resonant sounds.
- Tremolo, new Premium amplitude modulation effect.
- Vibrato, new Premium pitch modulation effect.
- Automation is now included in track cloning.
- VOLT Mini is no longer added to new tracks when dragging in audio files.
- Fixed an issue where Gain control could get stuck in the Audio Editor.
- Fixed an issue where saved audio regions where named “unknown” when cloning them.
- Fixed an issue where adding a new track by double click did not work in some areas.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.9
July 11, 2019
- Quantize in Note Editor. You can now quantize notes to the grid to tighten up your recorded MIDI!
- Added ability to upgrade to Premium within the studio.
- Login status in now kept between Studio and Website.
- Fixed an issue where automation playback was not returned after undoing a deleted track.
- Fixed an issue with Premium loops that are in demo mode. When a Free user open a shared project.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.8
June 18, 2019
- Addressing issues with audio recording and recording at different buffer sizes.
- Limiting buffer size to 100ms max.
- Added landing page for expired and no longer shared projects.
- Refreshing the web page after loading a shared project now loads a the studio clean.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.7
June 13, 2019
- Share Project – an all new way to share your work with friends, publicly or to collaborate!
- Demo Premium devices – you can now try out all the Premium devices as a Free user. Give them a spin before you upgrade!
- Added a link to our Video Tutorials page in the main menu.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.5
June 11, 2019
- XYbeatZ, a creative MIDI drum generator and controller has landed!
- Overall improvements in memory usage for stretched audio files.
- Fixed an issue where Drumpler stopped working after changing buffer size.
- Fixed a bug with track meters after deleting a track.
- Fixed error page when launching the studio in a non-supported browser or sample rate.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.2
April 18, 2019
- Phaser – a new Premium effect has been added!
- New zooming functionality. You can now zoom using CTRL/CMD or ALT + Mouse Wheel to zoom in studio. Plus overall improvements to regular zoom sliders.
- Fixed an issue where Drumpler was silent after delete and undo.
- We also did a bit of general spring cleaning!
AMPED STUDIO 2.1.1
March 25, 2019
- New preset explorer for devices! Premium users can now save their own presets and create preset banks.
- Fixed an issue where the state of the Play button could be inverted and playhead did not update correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Filter SC in dynamics devices was not set properly when loading a saved project.
AMPED STUDIO 2.1
February 13, 2019
- Compressor Mini, new for all users! An easy to use one knob compressor effect!
- Compressor, new for Premium users. For full on dynamic range control!
- Limiter, new effect for Premium users.
- Gate, new effect for Premium users.
- Expander, new effect for Premium users.
- Distortion, new effect for Premium users. A growling little beast of a distortion!
- All new studio menu. We removed the menu bar in favor of a main menu button in the top left. Giving you a little more arrangement space!
- Minor updates to the studio look with a white playhead, green loop locators and brighter transport display.
- Rearranged the transport buttons to the left side of the display.
- Tools and Toggle buttons now consolidate into button menus when the browser window width is reduced.
- Changed the icons for Content Editor and Device Chain toggle buttons.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.7
January 9, 2019
- BitCrusher, a new effects device has been added!
- Fixed an issue where Exporting/Publishing tracks did not work (sorry!)
- Fixed an issue with knobs in Drumpler.
- Fixed an issue with Drumpler pad groups
- Fixed an issue where library preview could not be stopped if a folder was selected.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.6
December 18, 2018
- Rearrange Tracks in the Arrangement by dragging a Track Panel.
- Rearrange Devices in the Device Chain by dragging them.
- Changed the volume scaling of VOLT and VOLT Mini to reduce their overall volumes and Master Track clipping.
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Fixed a visual bug where the position of Track Automation was not moved with the Track.
- Fixed an issue where the Arrangement was sometimes not fully reset on New Project.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.5
December 10, 2018
- Added tooltips for interface buttons such as solo, mute, tools, toggle buttons and more.
- Added metronome volume slider to the studio settings window.
- Updated the track automation button with a better icon.
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Fixed an issue where WAMs were not included in track cloning.
- It is no longer possible to move the playhead during recording to prevent recording issues.
- It is no longer possible to activate loop locators during recording to prevent recording issues.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.4
November 20, 2018
- Opera browser support! Supported browsers are now Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera.
- Studio instruments with long release times are no longer cut off if the notes end at or after loop locators.
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Virtual Keyboard: Fixed an issue where keys could not be pressed at the smallest keyboard size.
- Fixed graphics blinking when resizing editors.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.3
November 8, 2018
- Improved studio perfomance with less GPU usage. Most noticable on high screen resolution devices with integrated GPUs, such as MacBooks with Retina screens.
- Note Editor is now opened by default for regions without audio.
- Bypassed instruments now ignore incoming notes.
- Added a new Help menu.
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Fixed an issue where the first transient was lost in the first cycle of looping playback.
- Fixed an issue where looping playback could in some cases cause a stuck note.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a note region before it was fully loaded could load the notes anyway.
- Fixed a viewing issue with VOLT EG parameters on Windows machines.
- Fixed and added Limiter device default preset.
- It is no longer possible to export or publish an empty project.
- Audio Editor: Fixed an issue where waveforms could be displayed outside of the region.
- Audio Editor: Fixed an issue where clip Gain slider was sometimes too short when stretching.
- Audio Editor: Fixed an issue where clip length was wrong after splitting a region and undoing it.
- Drumpler: Fixed an issue in sample playback after adjusting Pitch for the sample.
- Fixed an issue where devices where not restored properly after undoing and redoing a new track.
- Fixed an issue where the Track Meter did not display levels below -42 dB properly.
- Fixed an issue where the length of a region could drawn incorrectly.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.2
October 29, 2018
- When clicking EDIT button on an instrument it will now bring the window to the front.
- Projects now save the state of if a WAM window is open or closed.
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Fixed issues where split or copied regions did not load correctly when opening a project.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Editor Gain values were not saved with the project.
- Fixed an issue where Audio Editor Gain slider and Clip borders were incorrect for recorded audio.
- Fixed an issue where Gain slider and Clip borders could dissapear for stretched audio files.
- Fixed an issue where the Audio Editor was not displayed properly with empty regions.
- Better support for projects saved prior to Amped Studio 2.0.
- Fixed an issue where VOLT LFO did not load the correct LFO waveform.
- Studio will now turn off Loop Locators while exporting or recording to prevent issues (Future plan is to enable overdub recording and loop exporting).
- WAMs should now reinitialize correctly when changing buffer size.
- Fixed a bug where changing GM Player preset also changed other GM Players on the same Track.
- Changed the internal ampliture envelope of GM Player back to it’s initial state
- Fixed an issue with Track Level Meters not displaying properly when creating a track using HumBeatz imports.
- Fixed a corner case issue where copying, undoing and copying notes could cause notes to not play.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0.1
October 17, 2018
BUG FIXES & STABILITY
- Fixed bug where WAMs did not load properly with the project.
- Fixed an issue where several WAMs on a track did not work project loading.
- Fixed a bug where a WAM device + studio device could cause loading problems.
- Fixed an issue with WAM bypassing.
- Fixed issues with WAMs after changing studio buffer size.
- Fixed a bug where the Save Song window did not close if a WAM device was empty
- Fixed a bug where the metronome was silent and metronome volume could not be adjusted.
- Fixed an issue where Track Level Meter did not display correctly on Retina screens.
- Fixed a bug where deleting the last track could cause playback issues.
- Fixed an issue where pasted notes where not added properly.
AMPED STUDIO 2.0
October 10, 2018
- HumBeatz note detection. Turn humming or beatboxing into notes with a right-click on the region.
- Support for WAMs (web audio modules) – browser-based external audio plug-ins.
- Content Editor has a new Audio Editor section. Change the Gain of audio clips in regions.
- Automation – add Volume and Pan automation to Tracks with the new track automation button.
- Track Colors – Right-click Track Panel. Color changes are reflected in Track Panels, waveforms, notes and knobs the Device Chain.
- VOLT and VOLT Mini has been updated with new interfaces and a new and improved envelope generator.
- Added more Toggle Buttons in the Controls Bar to easier access studio sections.
- View menu now include Settings to change studio buffer size.
UNDER THE HOOD
- Amped Studio has been ported to WebAssembly. A new browser-based technology for web applications.